Microsclerotherapy - a technique for removing telangiectasias (spider veins) in Moscow
- What is microsclerotherapy (removal) of telangiectasias (spider veins)?
- Removal (microsclerotherapy) of spider veins in Moscow
- What is telangiectasia (spider vein)
- What is the method of microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias (vascular asterisks) based on?
- A good modern sclerosant, what should it be
- Types of modern sclerosants
- Technique of the procedure for microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias (spider veins) in a modern phlebological center
- Microsclerotherapy techniques used at the Moscow City Center for Phlebology "MIFC"
- Indications for the removal of spider veins in Moscow
- Contraindications to microsclerotherapy
- How is the procedure of microsclerotherapy in a modern phlebological center in Moscow?
- What to do after a session of microsclerotherapy (microsclerobliteration) in the Moscow city center of phlebology
- Complications and side effects after microsclerotherapy
- Cosmetic microsclerotherapy (microsclerobliteration) at the Moscow Phlebology Center
- Microclerotherapy (removal) of asterisks in Moscow - price for procedures
- Results of microsclerotherapy of telangiectases. Photos before and after deletion spider veins
- Microsclerotherapy procedure video - removal of spider veins in our center phlebology
- Questions from patients about the procedure of microsclerotherapy (removal) of spider veins
Microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias (spider veins) is a modern cosmetic procedure aimed at removing venous vessels of small diameter by introducing substances (sclerosants) specially designed for this purpose into their lumen. The technique is based on the effect of a chemical burn of the inner wall of the asterisk followed by vessel fibrosis.
Microsclerotherapy procedure for telangiectasis
The procedure for microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias is the "gold standard" for the removal of these vascular formations that occur with persistent expansion of the smallest veins. This state of affairs is associated with a high aesthetic effect, safety and good tolerance of microsclerotherapy for telangiectasias.
Microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias (spider veins) in Moscow is a fairly common aesthetic procedure for the correction of undesirable cosmetic manifestations associated with the expansion of small-diameter vessels. Microsclerotherapy is very popular among patients in both Moscow and other major European cities.
Teleangiectasia (spider vein) is a persistent expansion of the smallest vessels of the skin: venules, arterioles and capillaries. The extensions of the smallest arteries rarely exceed the diameter of 0,2 mm, and are mostly red in color. These are red telangiectasias. For their removal, methods based on physical exposure are used: radio frequency and laser percutaneous exposure.
Varieties of spider veins
The clinical significance of telangiectasias is still under discussion by leading European phlebologists. Nevertheless, the contribution of telangiectasia to the development of symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency is rather exaggerated. The leading clinical significance of telangiectasia is a pronounced cosmetic defect. The so-called “blue” telangiectasias are dilated venules. It is these formations that are the leading reason for turning to the aesthetic phlebologist.
The technique of microsclerotherapy is based on the chemical effect of special substances (sclerosants) on the inner wall of the vessel with its subsequent shutdown from the bloodstream and resorption.
Spider vein removal procedure
A very important point in this process is the absence of a damaging effect on healthy venous vessels. This is because in a normally functioning vein, the blood flow is quite high and the sclerosant is rapidly diluted to a concentration that does not have a damaging effect.
A good modern sclerosant should have the following properties:
- The substance must not be toxic to the human body.
- The sclerosing effect should cause only a strictly defined concentration of the drug under the condition of prolonged contact with the vein wall
- The absence of allergic reactions to sclerosant
- The drug should have the proper strength to obliterate large enough vessels, and safe for extravasation (going outside the vessel)
- The drug should not cause skin scarring and pigmentation effects.
- Lack of pain effect on drug administration
- Sclerosant should have good solubility in saline.
All modern sclerosants can belong to one of the following groups:
- Detergent preparations. The chemical structure of these substances is based on fatty acids or alcohols. The mechanism of their action is based on the extraction of protein molecules from the surface membrane of the venous endothelial cell, the cell is irreversibly damaged and dies. This effect only works in the range of a certain concentration of sclerosant, below which there is no effect on vascular cells. This group is represented by the following drugs:
- Ethoxysclerol (Polydocanol).
- Sodium tetradecyl sulfate (fibrowane).
Everything is ready for microsclerotherapy
In addition to these drugs, the following detergents are also used in the world: sodium morruate, ethanolamine oleate, glycerin.
- Cellular toxin preparations are used by individual specialists to sclerosize vascular formations.
- Hypertonic and ionic solutions. Modern European phlebologists also use the following sclerosants in this group:
- Hypertonic solution of sodium chloride (20 and 23,4% solutions).
- Sclerodex (combination of 25% glucose solution and 10% sodium chloride).
- Preparations of ionized iodine (variglobin, sclerodin).
- 75% glucose solution.
In Russia, only detergents of the detergent group are approved for use today: polydocanol (ethoxysclerol) and tetradecyl sulfate (fibrovein). Actively resolving the issue of admission to medical phlebological practice 75% glucose solution.
Technique of the procedure for microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias (spider veins) with a modern phlebological center
The technique of the microsclerotherapy procedure used by the specialists of our phlebology center is one of the most effective and safe and meets the best European medical standards. Here are some of the techniques used by the MIFC phlebologists:
- Initially, a pathological discharge of blood (reflux) must be eliminated in the proximal limbs.
- Larger venous trunks are the first to be removed.
- For a minimum number of skin punctures, conglomerates of telangiectasias are removed with a single puncture.
- The use of special compression hosiery after the procedure is important. At the end of the microsclerotherapy session, good compression knitwear is put on the patient's legs.
- In accordance with international standards, a half-hour walk is recommended for patients.
Microsclerotherapy technique with one hand
In the Moscow city center of phlebology, we use only the most modern types of microsclerotherapy (scleroobliteration of veins).
Sclerosants for microsclerotherapy
- Teleangiectasias (spider veins), diameters up to 1 mm are removed using the liquid form of the preparation: polydocanol (0,25 - 0,75%), tetradecyl sulfate (0,1 - 0,2%).
- To remove venulectasia (diameter 1-2 mm) and reticular veins (2-4 mm), both microsclerotherapy with a solution and microfoam sclerotherapy (foam-form) are used. The concentration of the active substance: polydocanol - 0,5-1%, sodium tetradecyl sulfate - 0,25-0,4%.
The procedure of microsclerotherapy in the presence of telangiectatic disease, reticular varicose veins in leading European clinics is carried out according to cosmetic indications. Often when removing a large number of small vessels, patients note an improvement not only in self-esteem, but also in the sensations in the legs. This is due to the elimination of the pathological venous bed and the elimination of symptoms of venous stasis. Good phlebological practice involves the diagnosis of the venous system before starting microsclerotherapy procedures. Often the expansion of the smallest vessels is associated with a violation of the valve apparatus of the main saphenous veins, even without the formation of visible varicose nodes. According to the standards of European phlebology clinics, such diagnostics are carried out for all patients, even if the complaints are only the presence of telangiectases.
The procedure for microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias is an innovative, fairly safe, planned procedure. But, as with absolutely any invasive technique, it also has contraindications:
- Diseases of the skin in the area of intervention of an inflammatory and infectious nature.
- Acute period of deep or superficial vein thrombosis.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Allergic reaction to sclerosant.
- The presence of thrombophilia (a state of hypercoagulation).
- Violation of the motor activity of the patient.
- The presence of an open oval window of the heart (for the use of the foam form of the drug).
Adequate compression after the procedure significantly improves the aesthetic result. Therefore, aesthetic microsclerotherapy in patients for whom compression therapy is contraindicated is not contraindicated, but has its own nuances.
In the presence of morbid obesity, as a rule, a larger number of sessions of microsclerotherapy and difficulties with the selection of compression hosiery are required. During the period of long flights and hormone therapy, it is better to refrain from the aesthetic procedure and perform it later.
In our phlebology center, we use some of the finest 27-30 G laser-sharpening needles. These tools are used to puncture skin that is almost not felt by patients. The procedure is performed by an experienced phlebologist, behind which there are not only thousands of procedures, but also a significant number of workshops on this technology.
Master class performed by phlebologist Semenov A.Yu. on microsclerotherapy
Sessions are held in a horizontal position of the patient. After a puncture of the skin, the tip of the needle enters the vessel, the specialist slowly and accurately injects the drug, making sure that there is no overstretching and rupture of the vein.
After the session, sterile bandages-pelots are applied, compression jersey is put on. A half-hour walk is recommended for the patient.
What to do after a session of microsclerotherapy (microsclerobliteration) in the Moscow city center of phlebology
After the microsclerotherapy procedure, we recommend that all patients of the Moscow City Phlebological Center use a special compression hosiery. The duration of its wearing depends on the number and diameter of the removed vessels. Restrictions after the procedure are minimal, but they should be followed:
- Hot baths, saunas, baths should be excluded for a while.
- Avoid open sunlight, ultraviolet irradiation of the loci of the procedure.
- Long static loads on the legs are best interrupted by walking.
- Long flights and depilation sessions are best postponed for a week.
Small ecchymoses (bruising) at the injection site after the procedure, this is almost everything that worries patients. These phenomena pass over 1-2 weeks. Complications and side effects of sclerotherapy are quite rare, but still you need to know about them:
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin is a rather rare phenomenon, it independently passes through 6-12 months.
- Local tissue edema. It stops on its own and does not require separate treatment.
- Neurological complications: migraine-like headache, temporary disturbance of the visual fields are extremely rare complications that arise when working with the foam form of sclerosant in patients with congenital heart disease (open oval window). These phenomena pass by themselves in 10-15 minutes.
- Metting - the appearance of the subtlest red telangiectasias in the injection area. These manifestations disappear within a few months.
- Skin necrosis occurs when a high concentration of sclerosant enters the perivascular tissue. A very rare phenomenon and is most often associated with the wrong technique of manipulation.
- Allergic reactions to the drug. Modern sclerosants are rarely the cause of sensitization of the body, but you should always remember this phenomenon.
The method of microsclerotherapy is deservedly called the "gold standard" for the removal of telangiectasias. Due to minimal invasiveness, good tolerance by patients and good clinical effect, the technique of microsclerotherapy has taken a worthy place in modern phlebological practice. Cosmetic microsclerotherapy at the Moscow City Phlebological Center is performed by some of the best phlebologists in Moscow and Russia according to the most modern European standards.
Microsclerotherapy performed by the phlebologist MIFC Raskin V.V.
We use the most advanced technologies to achieve not only a good clinical effect, but also a better aesthetic result.
At our center in Moscow, the price of the microsclerotherapy procedure is strictly fixed, and therefore, turning to our clinic, patients can count on high-quality service, treatment and affordable cost. And remember that a timely visit to a doctor will completely cure the disease and avoid its relapse.
Cost (price) of service
For the convenience of our patients, we work with banks that offer credit lines. Also in our center there is a flexible system of discounts and installments. Payment by Visa and Mastercard is possible. At the end of the course treatment, the patient is issued a package of documents for submission to the tax office for tax deduction.
The result of treatment of the patient in the clinic of phlebology "MIFC" by the method of microsclerotherapy (removal) of spider veins
Photos before and after removal of spider veins on the left thigh
The result of removal of the removal of spider veins on the right lower limb
The result of the removal of spider veins in 1 month after microsclerotherapy
Elena from Moscow asks: how much does modern sclerotherapy of spider veins cost in Moscow?
Dear Elena! A session of modern microsclerotherapy of vascular asterisks in our Moscow city center costs 8 thousand rubles. You can learn more about the cost of treatment by phone: + 7 (495) 565 35 09, or on the page of our website: https://phlebolog.org/tseny.
Tatyana from Kolomna near Moscow is interested in: where is it better to do microsclerotherapy of vascular asterisks in Moscow?
Dear Tatyana! Microsclerotherapy of vascular asterisks in Moscow is best performed in a good city phleblogical center, where they work according to modern European standards.
Olga from Moscow asks: is microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias and reticular veins carried out simultaneously in Moscow?
Dear Olga! A simultaneous session of microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias and reticular veins is performed in the best Moscow clinics. This is a good procedure for quickly eliminating unaesthetic venous vessels.
Valeria from Samara is interested in: where can I read reviews about microsclerotherapy of spider veins and reticular veins?
Dear Valeria! Reviews of patients about microsclerotherapy of spider veins and reticular veins in the city phlebological center can be read on the page of our website: https://phlebolog.org/otzyvy.
Natalya from Moscow asks: where in Moscow microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias is effectively performed, what is the price for the procedure?
Dear Natalia! In Moscow, they perform the procedure of microsclerotherapy with a good effect in urban phlebological centers. The price of the microsclerotherapy procedure in our Innovative Phlebological Center 8 thousand rubles.