Sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of the veins of the lower extremities in Moscow
Sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins is a modern method of treating varicose veins, based on the introduction of special chemicals (sclerosants) into the lumen of the vessel, which cause gluing of the walls and subsequent resorption of the vein. The technique is aesthetic, as without incisions and scars it allows to combat various manifestations of varicose veins.
- The history of sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins
- Sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins - what is it?
- Types of sclerosants for sclerosis of veins
- Basic principles of sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins
- Types of sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of the veins of the lower extremities
- Indications for sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins
- Contraindications for sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins
- Technique of the procedure for sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins
- Recommendations after a session of sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins
- Complications and side effects of sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) veins
- Aesthetic sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins
- Sclerotherapy of the hands (removal of ugly veins on the hands) in Moscow
- Sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins in Moscow - prices for procedures
- Advantages of sclerotherapy on lower extremities
- Sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins in Moscow - reviews of our patients
- Results of treatment of patients with sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins. Photos before and after treatment.
- Frequently asked questions of patients on the Internet about sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins in Moscow
The first mention refers to the period of antiquity. In the works of Hippocrates, a method for obliteration of a vein with the help of a metal rod is described. An artificial inflammation was caused, then the vein was punctured by the thorn of the eastern plane tree. The first, documented, experiments on the introduction of solutions into the vein were carried out by Christopher Wren (mathematician and architect from Oxford) in 1656. The pioneer of sclerotherapy in 1682 was D. Zollikofer (Swiss doctor). Using acid, he tried to cause a vein thrombosis.
Dr. C. Pravaz is the inventor of a syringe
In 1851, C. Pravaz (French surgeon) invented a syringe, sclerized with his help arterial aneurysms. About the first procedure in a form close to modern (injected iron perchloride), reported Debu and Chassenyak in 1853 year. Due to the large number of complications associated with sclerotherapy at the Congress of Surgeons, a negative evaluation of the method was given in Lyon at 1893. At the beginning of the XX century, Jean Sica injected sodium salicylate into the veins, later - sodium carbonate and founded the "French" technique of sclerotherapy.
The discovery in 1930-x years of detergents (the effect is based on damage to the proteins of the inner wall of the vein) was the beginning of a new chapter in the history of sclerotherapy. In 1946, tetradecyl sulfate was invented, in 1950, polydocanol. Their introduction into practice allowed the technique to get mass distribution. In the middle of the 1950, K. Sigg proposed an "ascending" technique (Swedish). In 1960, D. Fegan published a work based on successful treatment in 13 thousand patients. In it he formulated the basic postulates of modern sclerotherapy.
System of syringes for performing foam sclerotherapy according to L. Tissari
The technique of the foam block proposed by K. Sigg in 1949 was widely distributed in 2000 after the presentation of the three-way valve by L. Tessary (obtaining fine-grained foam of high quality). Widespread introduction of ultrasound diagnosis allowed the introduction of echo-assisted interventions, which allowed for the implementation of stem sclerotherapy, sclerobliteration of perforating veins.
The essence of the technique consists in the action of a special chemical substance (sclerosant) on the inner wall of the vein (intima), which eventually leads to its gluing and complete elimination.
Sclerosants are subject to the following requirements:
- The effect should be only in a certain concentration, below which the drug does not work.
- The effect of the drug on the venous wall only after prolonged contact with it (zones with stagnation of blood, healthy veins are not damaged).
- The drug should be strong enough to sclerosis even large veins, but do not damage the tissues surrounding the vessels.
- Do not induce allergies.
- Do not induce pain upon administration, do not cause pigmentation and scarring of the skin.
- Be readily soluble in physiological saline.
Currently, the following groups of drugs are used in the world for the purpose of sclerotherapy:
- Detergents, which are fatty (carboxylic) acids and fats. These include: sodium morruate, ethanolamine oleate, tetradecyl sulfate, polidocanol, glycerin.
- Hypertonic and ionic solutions: hypertonic sodium chloride solution (20 and 23,4%); sclerodex - a mixture of 25% dextrose; 10% NaCl with a small amount of 2-phenylethanol; ionized iodine (variglobin).
- Cellular toxins.
The most widely used preparations of the detergent group.
Tetradecyl sulfate (Fibro-vein)
Their action is based on the extraction and denaturation of the endothelial wall proteins of the venous wall. This leads to delayed cell death and obliteration of the vein. The detergent affects only the pathologically altered vein, since the natural flow of blood dissolves it to a safe concentration. Thus, only varicose veins with delayed blood flow undergo chemical treatment, healthy ones are not damaged. Unlike other sclerosants, detergents do not cause destruction of blood cells (hemolysis) and intravascular coagulation aggregation (coagulation). These qualities determined the leading position of these drugs in sclerotherapy.
In Russia only preparations of the detergent group have been approved: polydocanol (ethoxysclerol) and tetradecyl sulfate (fibrovein). Another plus of these sclerosants is the possibility of using the foam form of the drug.
- First of all, the reflux is eliminated in the proximal parts.
- First, larger veins are eliminated.
- A conglomerate of interconnected veins should be eliminated in one session.
- Immediately after the procedure, it is necessary to provide adequate compression and start walking.
- Microsclerotherapy of telangiectasias. In vessels with a diameter of up to 1mm, the drug is administered in a liquid form: polydocanol (concentration 0,25-0,75%), tetradecyl sulfate (0,1-0,2%).
- Microsclerotherapy and foam-shaped sclerotherapy of venulectasia (1-2 mm) and reticular veins (2-4 mm). The foam form of the preparation is used: polydocanol (0,5-1%), tetradecyl sulfate (0,25-0,4%).
Foam-form of small veins and spider veins
- Echo-controlled sclerotherapy: large and small subcutaneous veins, tributaries of the main veins, perforating veins. Only the foam form of the sclerosant is used in a high concentration of 3% for polydocanol and 1-3% for tetradecyl sulfate.
Foam sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins under ultrasound control
Endovenous chemical obliteration can be successfully subjected to any varicose veins. The appearance and availability of modern minimally invasive methods of thermaloblattering (EVLO, RCHO) somewhat narrowed the scope of sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins in Moscow. But it remains still relevant, and sometimes irreplaceable.
Most often the indications are as follows:
- The presence of reticular varicose veins and telangiectasias, often an aesthetic problem, sometimes the indication is the bleeding from these vessels.
- Isolated varicose inflows of small or large subcutaneous veins.
- The presence of pathological reflux in the perforating veins, after its elimination in the main veins.
- If patients with a trunk form of varicose veins are contraindicated other methods of treatment. It is proved that the intervention is effective even with the diameter of the osteal valve of the large saphenous vein up to 30 mm.
As with each treatment technique, sclerotherapy has contraindications.
- Cardiopulmonary insufficiency.
- Allergy to sclerosant.
- Thrombosis of deep and superficial veins.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Inflammatory processes in the procedure area.
- Inactive patients.
- An open oval window in the heart (for a foamy shape).
- If varicose veins are the only way out of the lower limbs (10% PTFB).
- Hormonal therapy.
- Proximity of long flights.
- Ischemia of the lower extremities.
- Obesity and lymphostasis.
The technique of sclerotherapy is non-traumatic and does not require hospitalization and changes in the usual rhythm of life, is well tolerated by patients.
Technique of sclerotherapy with one hand
The session is performed in a horizontal position. Sometimes it is necessary to create an elevated position of the limb. Injections are performed by the thinnest needles 27 - 30G, therefore practically are not felt by patients. After treatment of the skin with a solution of antiseptic, sclerosant is introduced into the lumen of the veins. Depending on the caliber of the vessels and their localization, a liquid or foam form, of one or another concentration, is used. The introduction is carried out slowly, to exclude the extension and rupture of the vessel. For additional visualization, an ultrasound scan or a vein monitor can be used.
Using modern methods of visualization of veins
After injections, peloid dressings are applied to the skin along the veins, the compressive jersey of the 1 or 2 class is worn
Terms for wearing knitwear are determined by the diameter of the sclerosed veins. At the end of the session, the patient is shown a walking tour of 15-20 mines and subsequently every day patients must perform certain exercises for the lower extremities. Walking, cycling and aerobics with a light load are ideal after sclerotherapy.
In the course of treatment there are limitations, namely:
- visiting baths, saunas;
- long static loads;
- long flights (a week after the session);
- hair removal (a week after the session).
- Hyperpigmentation - is due to the deposition of hemosiderin in the surface layers of the skin, is an infrequent side effect of sclerotherapy, as a rule, independently passes during 6-12 months.
- Local edema - occurs due to the introduction of significant doses of the drug in a small area, regress itself.
- Transient neurological complications: migraine, loss of visual fields - can arise when using a foam form of sclerosant. Self-stop within 10-15 min.
- Metting (secondary, recurrent telangiectasias) - frequency of occurrence up to 15%.
In most cases, spontaneously disappear within a few months.
- Nerve damage is a fairly rare complication, due to the close arrangement of the branches of the nerves with the trunk of the BPV, MPV. Often passes independently.
- Skin necrosis - may occur due to the ingestion of the substance into paravasal fiber or small arteries. This complication is extremely rare.
- Thrombotic complications (thrombophlebitis, deep vein thrombosis, PE) - are extremely rare.
- Allergy, anaphylaxis. As with any drug, a reaction is possible. Fortunately, they are quite rare.
In the overwhelming majority of cases, the only thing that worries patients is small hematomas at the injection sites. They dissolve in a week.
Convenience and effectiveness allowed sclerotherapy to become not only a curative, but also a cosmetic procedure. The method is the most effective for the treatment of telangiectasias and the only one for eliminating reticular varicose. In recent years in Russia there has been a peculiar boom in aesthetic phlebology.
Scleroobliteration of veins using the Venolight device
Many of the fair sex dream of beautiful, cleaned from the vascular asterisks, mesh legs. Sclerotherapy of the veins of the lower limbs perfectly copes with this task. Since the main restriction is the wearing of compression linen, it is optimal to treat in late autumn or winter. Elimination of telangiectasias and reticular veins pursues cosmetic goals, but patients at the same time have symptoms of venous congestion, so that the effect of treatment is often pleasantly surprised by improvement in well-being.
It's no secret that with age, the skin of women's hands becomes more delicate, the liquid is lost, the turgor of tissues decreases. Against the backdrop of these changes are often manifested well-marked unaesthetic veins of the rear of the hand and forearm. With these veins, dermal lasers can not cope with the diameter of these vessels. Sclerotherapy can easily eliminate them.
The results of the removal of ugly veins on the hands in our clinic. Photos before and after.
Before the session of sclerotherapy on the hands
After a session of sclerotherapy on the hands
Until recently, patients had to travel to Europe with similar problems. Now sclerotherapy of the hands is available in Moscow, in our clinic. Dr. Semenov Artem Yuryevich, one of the first in Russia, applied this technique, and his results are in no way inferior to foreign colleagues. To date, he has the greatest experience of sclerosing veins in the hands of our country.
At our center in Moscow, prices for sclerotherapy procedures are strictly fixed, and therefore, when contacting our clinic, patients can count on high-quality service, treatment and affordable cost. And remember that a timely visit to a doctor will completely cure the disease and avoid its relapse.
Over the years, the pricing policy of our center has been distinguished by loyalty to patients. It is enough to note that the cost of the latest medical services in our phlebology center has not increased since 2014 of the year. At the same time, more modern and advanced technologies for treatment and diagnosis appeared in the clinic during this time.
Cost (price) of service
For the convenience of our patients, we work with banks that offer credit lines. Also in our center there is a flexible system of discounts and installments. Payment by Visa and Mastercard is possible. At the end of the course treatment, the patient is issued a package of documents for submission to the tax office for tax deduction.
Sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of veins is a surprisingly well-tolerated non-surgical procedure that allows you to eliminate both small and large varicose veins. Phlebologists who own the technique practically do not encounter any complications. That is why sclerotherapy has firmly entered the arsenal of modern specialists and continues to improve.
The result of sclerotherapy of varicose veins immediately after the session
In our center of phlebology "MIFC", doctors phlebologists have one of the largest experience in the treatment of varicose veins using sclerotherapy. Tens of thousands of successfully treated patients passed through their hands!
Patient review of sclerotherapy of lower limb veins in our center
Irina Lisyanskaya, Moscow 30.10.2015
Dear Artem Yurievich, many thanks for the excellent work. Sclerotherapy performed by you has yielded remarkable results. I know you for about 10 years and I never doubt that, having turned to you for help, I will get not only guaranteed quality of work, but also a kind, sensitive and attentive attitude. I wish you health and prosperity, success and always satisfied patients !!! Irina Lisyanskaya, Moscow 30.10.2015
Patient's review of scleroobliteration of veins in our center "MIFTS"
Elizabeth, 31 year, Moscow!
I want to express my gratitude to Artem Yuryevich Semenov for professionalism, responsiveness and attentive attitude to patients. I have a hereditary predisposition, for several years I was bothered by fatigue and heaviness in my legs, pronounced veins. She underwent several sclerotherapy sessions with Artyom Yuryevich, all of them passed quickly and completely painlessly. I am very pleased with the results. Over time, my legs became not only beautiful, but also light! Thank you so much!!!
Thank you again! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! Health, good luck and all the best !!! Sincerely, Elizabeth, 31 year, Moscow!
Testimonial of a patient of our center about the excellent sclerotherapy of varicose veins in the legs
Nadezhda Osipova, Moscow, 22.02.2016
In my review I want to express my gratitude and appreciation to the wonderful phlebologist Semenov Artyom Yuryevich. I turned to Artyom Yurievich with the cosmetic problem of reticular varicose veins and spider veins. For a long time I chose online among a huge number of clinics and doctors who offer sclerotherapy services. I was very afraid to make a mistake, since I had already turned to other doctors, but was not completely satisfied with the result of the treatment. Artyom Yuryevich turned to the clinic purely intuitively. The doctor turned out to be very attentive and friendly, and, most importantly, a true professional in his work, brilliantly skilled in the technique of sclerotherapy. After two sessions of sclerotherapy, about 85-90% of spider veins disappeared. The remaining Artyom Yurievich dokolol for free. I was very pleased with the result, because previous experience in the treatment of spider veins in other clinics yielded results no more than by 30-40%.
Anyone who still doubts where to approach this problem, I highly recommend contacting the MIPC Phlebology Clinic Artyom Yuryevich Semenov as a very competent phlebologist, a highly qualified specialist in sclerotherapy and just a responsive and positive person.
I sincerely want to wish you, Artyom Yurievich, good luck, good health, more grateful patients, success in your professional career, as well as all the best. With respect, Nadezhda. 22.02.2016
Results of treatment of patients with sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins. Photos before and after treatment.
The result of treatment of a patient in the phlebology clinic "MIFC" by compression sclerotherapy of veins
Photos before and after sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins on the legs
The result of varicose vein removal using compression sclerotherapy
Photos before and after sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of varicose veins in the legs
Frequently asked questions of patients on the Internet about sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins in Moscow
Svetlana from Moscow asks: how much does sclerotherapy for lower limb veins cost in Moscow?
Dear Svetlana! The cost of sclerotherapy (sclerobliteration) of the veins of the lower extremities in Moscow can vary significantly in different medical centers. Separate city phlebological centers charge for removal using sclerobliteration of each asterisk, in some clinics patients pay for each separate segment of the lower limb. Such a pricing policy is often extremely disadvantageous for the patient. In the Moscow Innovation Phlebology Center, the price is charged for the procedure of sclerobliteration on the entire lower limb, as the doctor carries out the maximum amount of treatment for each sclerotherapy session. The cost of the sclerotherapy procedure on one lower limb in our Moscow Medical Phlebological Center is 8 thousand rubles.
You can find out more about pricing for innovative procedures by phone: + 7 (495) 565 35 07, or on the page of our website: https://phlebolog.org/tseny.
Natalia from Moscow is interested in: where is it better to do sclerotherapy of the lower veins in Moscow?
Dear Natalia! Sclerotherapy (sclerotherapy) of veins in Moscow is best done in a good phlebology center. In a medical institution where they are professionally involved in venous pathology, you will definitely have a full examination of the venous system before the sclerotherapy procedure. After a good modern diagnosis, the doctor will write you down for a sclerotherapy session, explain how many procedures will be required to achieve the optimal cosmetic effect.
Valentina from Moscow asks: what is the price of the procedure for sclerotherapy of the veins of the lower extremities at the Moscow City Phlebological Center?
Dear Valentine! The cost of one procedure for sclerotherapy of the veins of the lower extremities at the Moscow Innovation Phlebology Center is 8 thousand rubles. The price of the sclerobliteration procedure in our innovative phlebology clinic remains one of the most affordable in Moscow. It is worth noting that the cost of the procedure has not changed since 2014 of the year. The session is performed by an experienced specialist, who has thousands of similar procedures. We work according to European standards, therefore we guarantee high efficiency and safety of each sclerobliteration procedure.
Irina from Voskresensk asks: where to do sclerotherapy of veins in Moscow, how to understand from the reviews?
Dear Irina! Sclerotherapy of veins in Moscow is performed by a huge number of public and private medical centers. Only a few have truly good results from this innovative procedure. The fact is that the technique is largely operator dependent, and the experience of the specialist conducting the procedure is of great importance. Therefore, we recommend reading reviews of patients who have already had sclerotherapy. You can find reviews of patients undergoing innovative treatment at the Moscow Medical Innovation Center on our website: https://phlebolog.org/otzyvy.
Marina from Tver is interested in: how effective is vein sclerotherapy?
Dear Marina! Sclerotherapy or scleroobliteration of veins is a very good modern procedure for removing unaesthetic venous vessels. This treatment technology has earned recognition and trust from leading European experts. To achieve a good result, strict implementation of the protocols of the procedure is required. Repeated procedures are often necessary to achieve the desired effect. These shortcomings exist, but with proper execution, sclerotherapy is the best technique for removing telangiectasias and reticular veins.