Varicose veins - what is it, symptoms, causes, stages, treatment and prevention
- What is varicose veins?
- Causes of varicose veins
- Pregnancy and varicose veins
- Varicose veins: symptoms and stages of the disease
- Varicose veins: complications you should be aware of!
- Varicosity: Diagnosis
- Varicose veins: treatment
- Varicose veins: conservative treatment
- Varicosity: medications
- Varicose veins. Treatment is an operation!
- How to treat varicose veins with alternative methods
- Varicosity: how to cure to the end
- Varicosity: prevention
- Frequently Asked Questions for Our Patients on the Internet
Varicose is a very common disease among the population aged 30 years, whose essence is the inflammation of the walls of the veins, their bulging, the appearance of nodules and in severe cases of ulcers.
It looks like varicose veins!
Most often, varicose veins give surprises to women who suffer, suffering not only from aesthetic defects, but also from the discomfort and pain that accompany varicose veins on the legs.
There are only a few main causes of the disease:
- Inactive sedentary work or work in which you have to constantly be standing
- Age and sex. The greatest probability of development of varicose disease in women in 30-40 years
Doctors phlebologists treating varicose veins and Wikipedia claim that in a healthy person blood flows through the veins from the bottom up. This is ensured by:
- Rhythmic contractions of the heart
- Presence of valves in the veins
- The work of the leg muscles
High static loads or reduced physical activity cause an increase in venous pressure in the lower extremities. Vessels do not withstand such stress and begin to stretch, and their walls become thinner. This leads to a gap between the valve and the vessel, the blood flow goes in the opposite direction, which is called reflux.
Typically, in women, varicose veins during pregnancy are very common, sometimes accompanied by expansion of the veins of the perineum and pelvic region.
Varicose veins in pregnant women
Varicose veins of a similar type occur due to the pressure exerted by the enlarged uterus on the veins.
The clinic of varicose veins is caused by the stages of the disease:
- 0 stage. The first symptoms are heaviness and fatigue in the legs after a working day, swelling of the ankles, feet and lower leg lower in the evening. However, all symptoms disappear after a night rest or after active walking.
- 1 stage. Symptoms of the 0 stage are joined by vascular sprouts on the legs, pain along the veins and rare nocturnal cramps in the calves.
- 2 stage. At this stage, the veins and nodules are already felt on the skin, which appear after a prolonged sitting or standing position. Already at this stage there is a high probability of blood clots.
- 3 stage. To all the above signs are added permanent swelling late in the evening, which in the morning can no longer completely pass.
- 4 stage. Skin on legs can acquire a dark color. There is atrophy of the skin.
- 5 stage. Trophic ulcers, capable of healing, appear.
- 6 stage. Trophic ulcers do not heal.
If you postpone treatment for later, then soon you can wait for the appearance of complications.
Blood clots due to stagnation can lead to thrombophlebitis, edema, pulmonary infarction, or even sudden death from thromboembolism. Non-healing trophic ulcers, eczema and dermatitis may appear, as well as the color of the affected area of the skin. Permanent edema leads to the compaction of fatty tissue. A very unpleasant complication is bleeding from varicose nodes, which occurs due to thinning of the skin at the site of an enlarged vein or mechanical damage.
Bleeding from veins of the lower extremities
At the same time, women may have varicose veins of the small pelvis, which is manifested by pain after sex and walking, dysmenorrhea, severe PMS, secretions, etc.
Diagnosis of this disease is carried out by a phlebologist during examination, it determines the expected stage of the disease and assigns functional tests and instrumental methods of research:
- Ultrasonic Doppler
- Ultrasound duplex angioscanning
- Radionuclide and radiopaque phleboscintigraphy
- Phlebomanometry. It allows to determine the state of deep veins.
YES. Fedorov diagnoses varicose veins
After passing the diagnosis, the phlebologist physician makes a verdict and appoints the most rational treatment for a particular case.
Defeat varicose veins. Treatment in Moscow.
How to treat? Initial varicose veins (Moscow has great potential in this area) can be cured in three directions: compression therapy, physiotherapy exercises and drug treatment. Varicose veins (laser treatment in Moscow has recently become very common) is treated until complete recovery. Treatment of RFA (RFO) has also become popular. All of these methods for treating varicose veins can be found on our website. In short, then:
Compression therapy consists of daily bandaging of the legs with an elastic bandage or putting on elastic stockings. Varicosity, treatment without surgery - words that have become a reality for many.
Also used only in the initial stages of varicose veins. It consists in the appointment of drugs that improve circulation and promote blood thinning, strengthen walls, improve vein tone and relieve pain.
It is necessary to regularly engage in special exercises and with a long sitting to raise your feet on the hill. Still, many people are more interested in varicose veins, its laser treatment, its cost, and other methods of treatment.
Varicose veins - treatment with sclerotherapy
Sclerotherapy is also a modern non-surgical method when a special drug is injected into an enlarged vein, which glues and then resolves the walls of the affected vessel.
Sclerotherapy for varicose veins is an effective method in the initial stages
Varicose veins - treatment with sclerotherapy
These procedures can significantly improve the condition of the legs, but to a greater extent these are aesthetic procedures aimed at improving the cosmetic state of the lower limbs.
Surgical intervention involves a radical solution to the problem.
- Phlebectomy - surgical removal (pulling by a special metal probe) of affected parts of the veins, while reflux and varicose veins are eliminated.
- Varicose veins. Laser treatment in Moscow. The technique is also aimed at eliminating vertical reflux and cauterization of blood vessels from the inside to stop the growing varicose veins. Laser treatment (you can read the reviews yourself on our website) is very effective. Varicose veins, laser treatment, the price of it is of interest to many patients.
- Varicose veins. Radio frequency treatment is the most modern way to get rid of the disease. Varicosity, treatment of RFA in Moscow - inseparable concepts. The procedure is carried out using a special radio-frequency device by cauterizing the vein wall with microwaves. So quickly disappears varicose veins. Treatment of RFO has become a salvation for many who do not want to perform a traumatic classic phlebectomy.
Doctors Semenov A.Yu. and Kalachev I.I. conduct a master class on the treatment of varicose veins with RFA
Each of these methods has its own specific indications and contraindications, which should be taken into account by the phlebologist and surgeon. Varicosity, treatment of RFO in Moscow has become a matter for many patients. Many are interested in laser treatment, the price of which is sometimes very different in clinics. In our clinic the treatment of varicose veins with a laser, when the cost is as important as the quality of life, passes quickly and painlessly! And then varicose veins (after the operation, rehabilitation is not needed at all) will cease to torment you for many years.
Ointment from varicose veins
Many patients go for help to the pharmacy, where they sell drugs for varicose veins for external use. Cowarene varicose, how to treat better and by what means? Here are some of them:
- Gel Venoruton - contains a routine that improves vascular tone and reduces swelling.
- Aescin gel - a drug based on horse chestnut and heparin extract, reduces the possibility of blood clots, relieves swelling and tones the veins.
- Ginkor Gel - is created on the basis of the plant ginkgo biloba eliminates edema, increases the tone of the veins and removes inflammatory processes.
- Heparin ointment - eliminates the formation of blood clots and relieves painful sensations.
But it is better not to be deceived, expecting an immediate removal of varicose veins, you should seek the help of qualified specialists who will take away varicose veins. Treatment (the price of health can not be big) will prevail.
You can “restrain” varicose veins (treatment with folk remedies is still not quenched), recipes that are passed from generation to generation. Varicose veins: treatment with alternative methods. Popular remedies:
Recipes at home, reviews about which were good:
- Compress of grated garlic with butter (1: 2);
- Compress, made from gruel wormwood, mixed with sour milk;
Varicosity: how to treat with pain
- Infusion of nettle for internal use;
- Tincture of chestnut flowers for alcohol for internal use, etc.
Varicose - treatment at home. Photos, results
Varicose veins are dangerous. Treatment, like cost, is a very important aspect. Varicose photos and results collected a lot, users often spread them on the network. Many of these recipes are based on folk wisdom, but do not take into account modern approaches of examination and treatment.
It is quite possible to cure varicose veins in Moscow. But for this you need to seriously take care of your health. Do not self-medicate, it is better to turn in time for medical help. Complications of the disease are very unpleasant and even life-threatening.
To prevent the development of varicose veins:
- Watch your weight.
- Do not wear shoes with very high heels and tightly tighten claws or stockings.
- Lead an active lifestyle and do daily exercises.
- Wear compression knitwear against varicose veins.
- To conduct self-massage of feet.
- Make contrasting douches of the feet.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Do not abuse the hot tub and sauna.
- Sleep with the roller under your feet.
- At the first symptoms of the disease, consult a doctor.
Observing these recommendations, you will be protected from varicose veins, although there is still a probability of development, since the hereditary factor is predetermining. Look, read and analyze everything you found on our site in the section: varicose treatment (reviews, photos, results).
Prevention of varicose veins is the best way to fight varicose veins!
In conclusion, it can be said that varicose is a disease that can be treated successfully without surgery with the help of endovascular and compression therapy, but for this it is necessary to come to the doctor at the first stages, when the symptoms are still very few and the matter has not reached complications. Modern medicine has stepped forward and at the moment there are excellent methods of endovascular treatment of this disease - fast, painless and effective. Fulfillment of prescriptions of the doctor, observance of all instructions and refusal of independent treatment will give an excellent result in treatment.