- Varicose veins of the lower extremities - what is it?
- Symptoms of varicose veins of the lower extremities
- Causes and risk factors for varicose veins of the lower extremities
- Disease stages
- Diagnosis of varicose veins of the lower extremities
- Complications of varicose veins
- Treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities
- Frequently Asked Questions for Our Patients on the Internet
Varicose veins of the lower extremities - what is it? Why does it appear suddenly and progresses so quickly? Today, it is considered a common condition in which there is an abnormal increase in veins that are visible through the skin and resemble blue or purple nodes. Varicose veins are a pathology that can occur in any part of the body, but is more common on the legs.
So there are varicose veins on the legs
The following are the most common signs of the disease. Nevertheless, each person can notice only some of them.
- change in skin color from light blue to brown
- sensations in the legs of gravity and burning sensation
- itching, especially in the lower leg
- throbbing leg pain
- feeling of dryness
All signs may resemble other diseases, so always consult with specialists and do not try to remove varicose veins of your lower extremities yourself. Treatment with folk methods can aggravate the situation.
The blood vessels in the body provide a channel for blood flow. In terms of the blood vessels of the lower extremities, the arteries carry high pressure blood enriched with oxygen from the heart to the lower extremities. Veins, therefore, have thinner and less elastic walls than arteries. If pressure rises in the veins for any reason for a long period of time, this can be the main cause of varicose veins of the lower extremities. Also, the disease is facilitated by a malfunction or damage to the valves that help push blood upward.
The work of venous valves is normal and with varicose veins
About 30% of adults worldwide suffer from the disease. The risk is highly dependent on age and gender. The following are the risk factors:
- Obesity. Obesity is the main risk factor for developing varicose veins of the lower extremities. Excessive weight increases the pressure in the veins and aggravates their condition.
- Heredity. Heredity plays an important role in determining the susceptibility to varicose veins, but the specific factors responsible for this have not been identified.
- Inactivity. Prolonged inactivity or vice versa increased activity increase the pressure in the veins.
- Floor. Women are especially prone to varicose veins of the lower extremities due to the effect of progesterone on the veins, as well as the consequences of pregnancy. Women have a 3 times higher risk of getting sick.
- Pregnancy. Varicose veins of the lower extremities during pregnancy occur due to hormonal effects. However, often enlarged veins return to normal within one year after delivery. Pelvic varicose veins can also be observed.
- Age. Varicose veins of the lower extremities usually affect people between the ages of 30 and 70 years. With age, the elastic vein of the vein begins to weaken, which increases the chances of increasing the veins.
The risk factor is everything that can increase a person's chances of developing the disease. This can be an activity, for example, smoking, diet and many other reasons.
- First one. Spider veins appear;
- The second. Nodules are visible;
- The third. Foot edema is added;
- Fourth. The color of the skin becomes darker, almost violet;
- Fifth and sixth. Ulcers are formed, which as a result can not heal.
This is how varicose veins look like in stage II disease
In addition to studying your medical history, and physical examination, testing for venous disease can include the following:
- Duplex scanning is a type of procedure that evaluates the blood flow and structure of the veins in the legs.
- Triplex US - a procedure similar to the US duplex procedure, which uses color to highlight the direction of blood flow.
- Magnetic resonance phlebography (MRF) is a diagnostic procedure that uses magnetic resonance imaging technology and an intravenous contrast agent for the visualization of veins.
Diagnosis of varicose veins of the lower extremities is carried out in a patient position
Diagnosis is necessary for the doctor to be able to prescribe a method of treatment that is most suitable for the patient.
If you do not treat varicose veins on your legs, later you can have great problems with both the veins and the skin of your legs.
- Trophic ulcers.
- Phlebitis is an inflammation of the veins.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), where blood clots form in the deep veins of the legs. This complication can be fatal.
In this regard, the disease can lead to significant discomfort and even disability, depending on any basic tasks and severity. Some of these complications can be very life threatening.
How will the doctor remove the varicose veins of the lower extremities? Treatment (Moscow gives many opportunities for it) will be determined by a doctor based on age, general health and stage of the disease.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities - drug treatment
It is not always necessary, but if you are concerned with pain, ulcers, or just discomfort, then usually you need to go to the hospital. But do not forget about the complications, some of which lead to death, so in order not to worsen the general condition, do not ignore the treatment and seek medical help if you have varicose veins of the lower extremities. Conservative treatment and its essence will explain the doctor.
One of the most popular venotonic drugs
Varicose veins of the lower extremities, treatment. Operation?
Do not panic if a varicose veins of the lower extremities is diagnosed. Sclerosing treatment can help. This procedure is based on the fact that a special solution is used, which is injected into the varicose veins. Varicose veins of the lower extremities disappear quite quickly. Treatment with sclerotherapy is suitable for the treatment of small veins, such as spider veins. Are you afraid of a knife? You can remove varicose veins of the lower extremities (treatment without surgery). Just need to find a decent doctor.
Varicose veins. Laser treatment in Moscow
Life does not end if you have varicose veins of the lower extremities. Laser treatment will help. A doctor inserts a tiny fiber into a varicose vein through a catheter. The fiber sends energy that destroys the affected part.
This is a tiny laser fiber that completely eliminates varicose veins.
Does varicose veins of the lower extremities remain? Laser treatments, which may seem expensive to you, are very effective, so the answer is no. Not every patient is worried if he has varicose veins of the lower extremities. However, laser treatment, reviews are only positive. With it, varicose veins of the lower extremities will be defeated! Laser treatment (you will find out the cost at the clinic at the administrator) is short-lived and inexpensive.
Varicose veins. Radio Frequency Treatment
What if you have severe varicose veins of the lower extremities? RFA treatment in Moscow is the safest method, which involves heating the venous wall with radio frequency energy. Varicose veins of the lower extremities are irrevocably gone. RFA treatment is very convenient.
Is varicose veins of the lower extremities quickly eliminated? RFO treatment in Moscow will convince you of a quick effect. You will remove varicose veins of the lower extremities. RFO treatment is done at the highest level. Look at the photos and the results - make sure the procedure is effective.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities - treatment after surgery
Surgical intervention... The operation is performed only under general anesthesia and is based on small incisions through which the nodules will be removed. There will be some discomfort and physical limitations after the surgery. If you can choose a method of treating varicose veins without surgery, rehabilitation will be faster.
Innovative treatment will allow you in the next time to save you from ugly, enlarged veins, which so interfere with daily life.
How to treat varicose veins of the lower extremities with ointments
Today, modern drugs can surprise with their effectiveness and quick results, however, without a doctor's advice, nothing should be done.
- Anti-varicose foot cream - relaxes and relieves pain. Strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Heparin - thins the blood, helps to reduce the formation of blood clots.
- Lyoton 1000 - relieves swelling, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, but does not completely remove varicose veins of the lower extremities. Treatment (the cost of Lyoton is more than that of other creams) in this way is incomplete.
Of course, the easiest way is to go to the pharmacy and start treatment yourself, however, you do not need to comfort yourself with the hopes that the ointment or gel will provide you with reliable treatment and will not cause complications. See a doctor and do not self-deceive.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities - home treatment
How unpleasant is the varicose veins of the lower extremities! Treatment with folk remedies is used by our grandmothers to this day, and knowing the effect of medicinal herbs, you can relieve symptoms and strengthen the walls of blood vessels. But do not flatter yourself - seriously varicose veins of the lower extremities, treatment, price, results - everything is interconnected.
- Horse chestnut. Dried flowers (50 g) are filled with vodka (500 ml). Let's brew 20 -21 a day and take it inside, before eating, according to 25-30 drops 2 times a day.
- Garlic ointment. We make gruel from garlic and butter. Rubbed before bedtime.
- Apple vinegar. 2 tsp diluted in 200 ml of water. We take it before meals. This product has good reviews.
It is important to know that varicose veins of the lower extremities (prices, photos, results are on the net) cannot be completely removed with herbs.
How to cure varicose veins permanently?
Unfortunately, if you start a disease, both you and the doctor will have to work hard to forget about varicose veins on the legs. In the first stage, the disease responds well to any method of treatment, but later stages can upset you. It is not necessary to think, than to treat varicose veins of the lower extremities of the house. Contact our center and you will be given the right treatment, thanks to which you can get the desired result.
You will only need to monitor your health more and adhere to basic preventive measures.
Observe prevention rules to prevent varicose veins of the legs.
The main ones are:
- Do not overload yourself with heavy physical work;
- Pay attention to your weight, and if you need to diet;
- Give up tight shoes;
- Regularly do leg exercises.
Do not forget that an active lifestyle is a guarantee of health for years to come.
Varicose veins of lower extremities - results
Modern medicine has long "stepped forward". Seeing a doctor at the first sign of a disease is the right action, because self-medication can ruin your health, which will already be difficult to restore.
How to deal with varicose veins in your legs? Daria from Saratov is interested in:
Dear Daria! Fighting varicose veins in the legs is necessary with the help of good specialists. No matter how promising and motley sites with guides and tips for self-healing, remember, they are written by people who are far from medicine.
How to check your legs for varicose veins? Svetlana from Kazan asks:
Dear Svetlana! Qualitatively check the legs for the presence of varicose veins, as a rule, will only work in a clinic or medical center specializing in the treatment of veins.
How is varicose veins diagnosed? Love from Stavropol is interested in:
Dear Love! You can diagnose legs for varicose veins at the consultation of any of our phlebologist with an ultrasound duplex scan of the venous system. How is it easy to do with us? Sign up for a consultation at any time convenient for you by phone: + 7 (495) 641-62-70.
I have varicose veins on my legs, how can I get rid of them? Anna asks from Novosibirsk:
Dear Anna! Varicose veins in the legs are removed using several methods - these are thermal ablation methods, miniflebectomy or compression sclerotherapy. These procedures will help to completely get rid of both telangiectasias and varicose veins.